The Alberta Safety Codes Act establishes codes and standards for construction and building safety within the Province. The Act requires that when undertaking building construction projects, including renovations, safety codes permits must be obtained to confirm conformance with the codes in support of the construction.
Morinville has contracted The Inspections Group, Inc. to carry out the review and issuance of all safety codes permits within Morinville, and to provide enforcement of the Safety Codes Act as necessary. All applications for Safety Codes Permits are coordinated by the Morinville Planning & Economic Development Department.
Safety Codes Permit Application Forms are available to download in the box to the right.
To ensure the quickest possible processing times complete applications are required.
For example, a Building Permit Application requires the following information:
- Building Permit Application Form, complete with all required information
- Development Permit Approval (where required)
- See Building Permit Application Requirements Checklist for a list pertaining to a particular project.
- Landowner’s authorization (signed on Application or attached Property Owner Authorization Form)
- Payment of Fees | Accepted Payment Methods: Visa / Mastercard / Cheque / Cash / Debit
- Applications submitted via fax/email are to be accompanied with a Credit Card Authorization Form
It is typical that major projects will require the professional involvement of architects and/or engineers.
Please contact Planning & Economic Development with your questions or to arrange inspections.