The Morinville Land Use Bylaw may be amended to change the land use district for a parcel of land (redistricting/rezoning), or to propose a change to specific development regulations.
All proposed Land Use Bylaw Amendments are reviewed by the Planning & Economic Development Department for conformance with the Municipal Development Plan and applicable Area Structure Plans. Amendments to these statutory plans may also be required if the application does not conform. Town Council makes the final decision for all amendment applications.
A complete amendment application must include:
- a fully completed Amendment Application Form
- a recent title search (available from the Alberta Land Titles Office) if applicable
- drawings showing the subject site and the proposed District and the proposed use and development if applicable
- Property Owner Authorization Form (if the applicant is not the landowner), and
- Payment of Fees | Accepted Payment Methods: Visa / Mastercard / Cheque / Cash / Debit
- Applications submitted via fax/email are to be accompanied with a Credit Card Authorization Form
Please contact Planning & Economic Development for more information.