The Town of Morinville, poised on the doorstep of the City of St. Albert and the City of Edmonton, offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to urban amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing rural community. With a population exceeding 9,800 and budget in excess of $18 million, Morinville is a growing community developed on a foundation of a rich heritage and culture.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a full-time Information Management Technician to join the Corporate & Financial Services team. Reporting to the Information Management/FOIP Coordinator, the Information Management Technician will work with all Town of Morinville departments during the upgrading/implementation of a new Electronic Records Management System (ERMS) and through day to day records management processes. The Information Management Technician will be responsible for:
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Deliver objectives of the records management program including adherence to filing practices, use of manual and automated records management systems and compliance with current policies and legislation.
- Support the implementation of Electronic Records Management System (ERMS)
- Research and compile information for comparison and creation of information Governance related policies.
- Manage and develop town forms, ensuring that branding and FOIP requirements are adhered to
- Provide technical guidance, troubleshooting, training and support to staff with the town's electronic records management system (ERMS), corporate records structure, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Recommend and develop information management migration strategies
- Verify data entered by departmental staff by reviewing, correcting, deleting or re-entering data and provide feedback to staff for the same.
- Classify, code, cross-reference, log and store records of all media types, according to the Records Retention Policy
- Locate and retrieve records for official FOIP requests as required.
- Manage records throughout their lifecycle that an audit trail is maintained, and that the legislated requirements for final disposition are adhered to.
- Manage off-site records inventories including initial transfer, retrieval and re-file requests of records and arrangement for destruction of records approved for final disposition through a confidential shredding service provider.
- Primary backup for the Information Management/FOIP Coordinator during absences in excess of three working days.
- Records Management Certificate (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related and progressive experience with records management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook); strong organizational, interpersonal, communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while dealing with sensitive and confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Excellent analytical abilities, attention to detail, a high level of internal/external customer service.
- Exposure to converting and implementing an Electronic Records Management System
- Training and knowledge of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Experience working in a Municipal Government setting considered an asset.
Compensation: Salary Range of $44,767—$53,454 (7 Step Grid). We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities along with a supportive work environment.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, July 25, 2018.
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Submit applications quoting "Information Management Technician" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.