The Town of Morinville is seeking an individual to fill a part-time Corporate Communications Assistant position for a one-year contract.
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Coordinator, the Corporate Communications Assistant will oversee graphic design services for the municipality as well as supplement and assist daily corporate communication activities. The position will act as a liaison with Town staff to access communication support pertinent to their own activities.
Key objectives of this position include:
- Creation of graphics and content for future internal and external newsletters, posters, advertisements, and other communication documents as required;
- Provide corporate communications support in the absence of the Corporate Communications Coordinator, which may include: liaising/assisting with responses to media, approving various creative, attending events , drafting news releases;
- Assist in monitoring and updating social media, website, and other digital platforms;
- Assist with communication-related administrative needs, such as record keeping; reporting and content planning;
- Provide communications expertise and consultation to various departments/staff on communications needs, initiatives and special projects;
- Proof-read, and ensure that Town materials are void of errors and adhere to the Town's Brand Identity;
- In a state of a local emergency, the Communications Assistant may be called up on to act as a relief Emergency Information Officer;
- Provide overall graphic design support for all departments of the Municipality
- A degree, diploma or certificate in Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline
- One to two years' experience in a municipal or government communications setting would be considered an asset . (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.)
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required as well as advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences using a variety of communication methods.
- Experience in drafting, editing and proofreading corporate communications and marketing materials (documents, website content and design, brochures, etc.) for publishing and dissemination.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment.
- Class 5 Driver's License is required.
Compensation: Salary Range: $27.90-$33.34 per hour based on a 21 hour work week. Schedule may change from week to week dependent on requirements and may include some evenings and weekends.
Application Deadline: 12:00pm March 21, 2018
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Submit resumes quoting "Corporate Communications Assistant" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville 10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications received for current/past competitions may be used to fill other current or future vacancies.