The Regional Emergency Management Coordinator position will serve six communities (Sturgeon County, Morinville, Gibbons, Redwater, Bon Accord and Legal), all of which form the Sturgeon Regional Emergency Management Partnership. This role will prepare the region for a natural or human made disaster or emergency. The incumbent will perform duties as they relate to municipal emergency management, emergency social services, business continuity planning and the emergency coordination centres.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Working with the public, developers and those in the construction industry to provide exceptional customer service while informing clients of submission requirements for complete applications
- Review, evaluate, and process residential and commercial development permit applications to ensure compliance with the Town's policies and Land Use Bylaw.
- Collaborate, where required, with members of the Department regarding the issuance and monitoring of Safety Codes permitting.Compile and prepare reports as required by Statistics Canada, Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Municipal Affairs, Council reports and quarterly reports.
- Perform field investigations of non-compliant development/planning related activity and facilitate the resolution of issues to comply with the Land Use Bylaw and other regulations.
- Follow the necessary enforcement procedures and steps for all development permits collaborating with members of the Department and other Town staff.
- Excellent knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS), ability to instruct ICS related courses would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the structure, functions, objectives, and interrelationships of Federal, Provincial, and local governments as it pertains to Emergency Management.
- Ability to asses the technical and training requirements for an ECC, activation of ECC, plus experience in an ECC setting is preferred.
- Strong organization, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Excellent computer skills specific to Microsoft office
- Excellent team-building, coaching, interpersonal and public relation skills.
- Ability to evaluate situations and exercise good judgement in making decisions and problem solving.
- A Class 5 Drivers License and acceptable Drivers Abstract.
What are we looking for?
A University degree or college diploma in Emergency Preparedness/Management, Risk Management, Business or Public Administration, Planning, or related field with emphasis on emergency planning or risk management. 3-5 years of professional experience in emergencey preparedness with a strong focus on interdepartmental program development and delivery.
Permanent Full Time
Rate of Pay: $71,445 - $94,016 per year
Hours of Work:8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Competition Close Date: 1 p.m. January 22, 2018