The Town of Morinville has the following exciting career opportunity available:
Reporting to the Events & Culture Coordinator, the Venue Technician is responsible for the day to day operation and maintenance of the audio, visual, staging and lighting equipment in the Morinville Community Cultural Centre (MCCC).
The Venue Technician will oversee technical requirements and facilitate the smooth operation of events in the facility.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level.
- Provide technical services to events in the CCC;
- Maintain efficient operations of the theatre;
- Create and implement a maintenance program for technical equipment;
- Attend meetings with clients, user groups and other CCC staff to determine technical requirements;
- Identify and advise on technical equipment requirements of facility users;
- Assist in the development of usage/operational policies for the theatre.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in production management, touring productions and venue reconfigurations. The incumbent will be proficient in computer aided drafting software and Microsoft Office Suite. Strong customer service and leadership skills as well as the ability to take initiative are necessary. This position requires a certificate, diploma or degree from a technical theatre program as well as a minimum 2 directly related or a combination of training, Education and Experience will be considered. The successful candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends based on a 35 hour work week.
Wages / Hours of Work:
Hourly ($30.21 - $32.64) Based on 35 hours/week schedule including days/nights/weekends.
Please submit resumes quoting “Venue Technician” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
This competition will close 4:30 p.m. on May 26, 2017.