The Town of Morinville is seeking service oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Maintenance Service Workers at the Morinville Community Cultural Centre (MCCC) on a casual as needed basis. Members of this pool may be called upon to provide coverage during occasions such as special events, staff absences or to provide additional support during peak workloads.
The Maintenance Service Worker 1 will perform regular maintenance, custodial and labour duties required in the day to day operations of the MCCC including but not limited to:
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level.
- Operate facility/custodial equipment (Floor machines, partition walls, security system, etc.).
- Minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Facility inspections, troubleshooting and reporting of needed building repairs and deficiencies.
- Assist with facility operations and access through set-up and take-down for events.
- Provide facility user support during events per set guidelines, procedures and regulations.
- Open and close the facility as required (check/secure exits, visual inspection of the facility).
- Snow/ice removal and sand/ salting as needed at entrances.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Regular maintenance of all custodial equipment.
- Accurately complete shift reports identifying relevant issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- WHMIS, First Aid/CPR considered an asset.
- Custodial and/or facility maintenance experience is an asset.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing).
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector is a condition of employment.
Wages / Hours of Work:
This casual position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) with a starting wage rate of $21.84 per hour plus shift differential premiums for evenings and weekends as applicable. Hours of work are irregular and will vary by assignment. This position will be scheduled and/or on-call on an as needed basis including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please submit resumes quoting “Casual Maintenance Service Worker 1” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.