The Town of Morinville requires that businesses operating within municipal limits obtain a business licence, which must be renewed annually. Renewal notices are sent out in December of each year.
ATTENTION NEW/CHANGING BUSINESSES: If you are planning to open a new business in Morinville or relocate or expand your existing business in Morinville, click here for important steps to follow prior to applying for a Business Licence.
Applying for a Business Licence
A complete Business Licence Application consists of:
- A fully completed and signed Business Licence Application Form
- Resident Businesses may also require confirmation of Land Use and Development approval (refer to Step 2 here)
- Payment of the Application Fee as follows:
Licence Fee Schedule
Fees are collected based on a calendar year (January to December or any portion thereof)
|Resident Hawkers||$100.00 or $35.00 / day|
|Resident Temporary||$50.00 / 21 days|
|Resident Special Event||$25.00 / 4 days|
|Non-Resident Hawkers||$300.00 or $50.00 / day|
|Non-Resident Temporary||$75.00 / 21 days|
|Non-Resident Special Event||$50.00 / 4 days|
- Acceptable payment methods: VISA | MasterCard | Cash | Cheque | Debit
- Applications submitted via fax/email must be accompanied by a completed Credit Card Authorization Form
The Value of a Business Licence:
Aside from being a requirement, there are also benefits to having a Morinville Business Licence:
- Exposure on Morinville’s website (if consented to) through our E-services, effectively marketing your business - critical for home based businesses with limited marketing budgets
- The opportunity to be updated on important news and events that impact your business such as, but not limited to, relevant seminars, courses, training and funding
- Contributing to ensuring that Morinville is a safe community by meeting licencing requirements and safety standards
- Providing the Town with critical information that can be used in the event of an Emergency, and
- Providing assurance to customers that your business is legitimate
Complying and carrying out business in accordance with applicable Federal and Provincial Statutes and Regulations are the applicants’ responsibility.
Agencies and services are available to assist you with your business start-up needs such as Alberta Business Registry (GST registration); Workers Compensation Board (WCB); Capital Health (Health Inspections) and the Morinville Chamber of Commerce (announcements and business events).
For further information or if you are planning to start a new business or make changes to an existing one, contact Planning & Economic Development at 780.939.7857, Fax 780.939.5633 or by clicking here to contact us through our website.