Stephen Dafoe was born in Belleville, Ontario and spent the first 40 years of his life in that Town. He moved to Alberta with his wife Bonnie in 2002 and lived in Hinton for the first four years. Soon after moving to Morinville in 2006 Dafoe wanted to become more involved in the community.
Dafoe has supported and volunteered with several local groups both personally and through his company. He spent five years on the Morinville Public Library Board, two-and-a-half of those as Board Chair.
One of Dafoe's Council appointments is the Northern Lights Library System. Dafoe has served on the executive since being elected in 2013. He is currently First Vice Chair of the Northern Lights Library System Board, and currently Chair of the Policy Committee.
Dafoe is a familiar face at local events, and always available to address resident concerns.
Stephen is active in social media and can be reached at:
https://www.facebook.com/stephen.dafoe.58 | www.stephendafoe.com
Councillor Dafoe represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Agricultural Pest Act Appeal Committee
- Capital Region Board Executive Committee
- Capital Region Board (Alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Growth Plan Task Force (Alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Transit, Governance
- Emergency Management
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon County Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon County Intermunicipal Affairs Sub-Committee
- Northern Lights Library System Board member
- Northern Lights Library System Board Executive member (Vice-Chair)
- Roseridge Waste Management
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Tawatinaw Community Futures
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee