Councillor Scott Richardson has been a resident of Morinville his whole life (just over 32 years). Scott is happily married to hiswife Ashley and they have 4 beautiful children together. Not only does Scott call Morinville home but it's also a place where he does business, 3+ years ago our family opened Morinville Sports Ltd. Scott is an active volunteer within our community. From 2005-2008 he volunteered on the Morinville Fire Dept., He has held a varitey of positions with Sturgeon Hockey Club, and is the President of Morinville Minor Baseball where he has served on the executive board for the past 3 seasons. Scott has now come to politics out of the love for his community and his neighbours.
Scott has a Journeyman Electrical Certificate, and is Certified in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Processes and most currently is licenced to deal in mortgages in Alberta (Mortgage Broker). Scott has in-depth knowledge with the Alberta codes and regulations and his expertise cmay be relied on when dealing with issues related. Scott has years of experience in policy/procedure writing and review, and has ample experience in evaluating risk and compiling a plan to eliminate or mitigate the risks. He also has extensive knowledge in budgeting and forecasting.
Morinville is a place that Scott loves; it is a place that he calls home, it's where he raises his children and a place where he doe business. There is no one who wants Morinville to succeed more than he does!
Councillor Richardson represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Executive Committee (In-House)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Regional Board Land Use and Planning Growth Plan/Transportation/GIS
- Northern Lights Library System (Alternate)
- Traffic Advisory Committee (Alternate)
- Bylaw and Policy Review Committee
- Emergency Management Committee
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon Regional Emergency Advisory Committee
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Morinville Public Library Board