My wife Donna and I own a local business and live here in Morinville along with our family.
I was born in Saskatoon and have lived in several places from the south shore of Nova Scotia to the north coast of British Columbia. I have a broad education and experience base as an Electrician, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Instrumentation and Data Communications. My specialty has been as a systems analyst where I found solutions to a variety of process and technical issues. I retired from TransCanada Pipeline where I was an area manager.
An area in TransCanada is much like a town. It has roads, utilities, camps and a wide variety of facilities. I had a large crew and budget which was tightly scrutinized.
I believe my experience as a manager and business owner gives me a unique perspective which I can bring to council. I am a hard worker, a good listener and have no personal agenda.
Councillor Giffin represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board Executive Committee (In-House)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board Land Use and Planning (Alternate)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board Land Use Planning Growth Plan/Transportation/GIS
- Edmonton Salutes Committee
- Enbridge Northern Gateway Community Advisory Board
- Morinville & District Chamber of Commerce
- Traffic Advisory Committee
- Bylaw & Policy Review Committee
- Emergency Management Committee
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Agricultural Pest Act Control Committee
- Roseridge Waste Management (Alternate)
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee
- Capital Region Waste Minimization Advisory Committee