Gordon was raised in Sturgeon County and moved to Morinville in 1996. Gordon lives in Morinville and has two children, Typhani (22) and Ayden (19).
In 1984, Gordon worked for Sturgeon County in the summers while he attended the University of Alberta. There he completed his Bachelor of Arts Degree with Distinction in 1986 and Bachelor of Laws degree in 1991. Gordon began his law career as a lawyer with the firm of Thomas Walter & Co. in Gibbons in 1992. That firm opened an office in Morinville in 1994, and in 1996, Gordon became a partner in the firm and changed the name to Putnam & Lawson, the name they still operate under today.
Gordon has 24 years experience as a lawyer and was appointed a Queen’s Counsel Lawyer (Q.C.) on December 31, 2009. Queen’s Counsel is an honorary title which recognizes a lawyer’s outstanding expertise, work and contributions in their public life. Gordon's main areas of practice have been real estate, wills and estates, subdivision and land development.
Gordon is a Charter member of the Rotary Club of Morinville since 1996, serving as Secretary for many years and as President for 2011-2012. Gordon has served on the Sturgeon County Economic Development Board for the past 12 years, as Vice Chairman 2001-2006 and Chairman 2006-present. He was on the Board of Directors for the Oakhill Boys Foundation from 1997-2005, 3 of which years he served as Chairman. Gordon has also served on organization Boards such as Sturgeon Victim Services, Sturgeon Hospital Foundation, St. Albert, Alberta, 2005-2007, and the Morinville Minor Hockey Association Vice- President 2005-2007, President 2007-2008, and was a hockey coach for 9 years.
Gordon is grateful for this opportunity to serve his community.
Councillor Putnam represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Agricultural Pest Act Appeal Committee
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission
- Assessment Review Board Member (uncertified)
- Capital Region Board Executive Committee
- Capital Region Board - Regional Services, Energy Corridors, Affordable Housing
- Emergency Management
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Homeland Housing (formerly Sturgeon Foundation)
- Morinville Economic Development Working Group
- Morinville / Sturgeon County Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon County Intermunicipal Affairs Sub-Committee
- Recreation Project Steering Committee (Chair)
- Sturgeon Regional Economic Development
- Sturgeon Regional Family Violence Prevention Committee (Alternate)
- Traffic Advisory Committee (Alternate)
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee