Barry has lived in Morinville since 1988, and has three children, Tristan, Ashton and Peyton with his wife Selena.
In 1995 Barry was first elected to Morinville Town Council and served four terms until 2007 when he decided not to run for re-election to spend some time focusing on his personal career and family. With his family older, he ran for Town Council again in 2013.
Barry graduated from the University of Alberta in 1995 with a degree in Political Science, has training and experience in Project Management and works for the University Hospital Foundation as their Senior Database Administrator. Barry has also worked in the construction industry and as a contract project manager.
Barry believes in working directly with the community and making the community's goals Council's goals and puts the priority on creating value for people, realizing the community's potential and realizing positive progress.
Councillor Turner represents the Town of Morinville on these boards and committees:
- Agricultural Pest Act Appeal Committee
- Capital Region Board - Land Use and Planning
- Capital Region Board - Land Use and Planning, Growth Plan, Transportation/GIS
- Capital Region Board Executive Committee
- Community Services Advisory Committee
- Edmonton Salutes (Alternate)
- Emergency Management
- Governance, Finance and Audit Committee
- Morinville / Sturgeon County Intermunicipal Affairs Committee
- Morinville Festival Society (Council Liaison)
- Roseridge Waste Management (Alternate)
- Regional Tourism Action Plan
- Sturgeon Regional Family Violance Prevention Committee
- Sturgeon River Watershed Alliance (Alternate)
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Weed Control Act Appeal Committee