The Town of Morinville is recruiting for the following temporary employment opportunities in the Parks & Facilities division of the Public Works department.
Seasonal Worker - Parks (10 Positions)
Primary responsibilities will be assist the Public Works Staff with general maintenance and operation of the Town of Morinville parks, sports fields and green spaces. General duties include grass cutting, sports field maintenance, flower bed planting and maintenance, weed control, building maintenance, garbage collection, janitorial, assisting with preparations for special events, and other general physical labour duties.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 Driver's License with a Driver's Abstract;
- Grade 11 (An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks including heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing (work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements);
- Dedication to excellence in customer service (internal and external);
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with supervisors, coworkers and the public;
- Knowledge and previous experience related to municipal maintenance operations is an asset;
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays; shifts may vary.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check.
These positions are included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE 2426) with a wage rate of:
- Seasonal Worker—Parks $18.39 - $19.64 per hour (currently under review).
These positions will work up to 40 hours/week for the term of May 1, 2018 through August 31, 2018.
Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m., February 21, 2018
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Submit resumes quoting "Seasonal Worker - Parks" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications received for current/past competitions may be used to fill other current or future vacancies.