The Town of Morinville is seeking an individual to fill a temporary full-time position of Events & Culture Programmer (term approximately 14 months).
Reporting to the Events & Culture Coordinator, the Events & Culture Programmer plays a key role in contributing towards creating a vibrant, dynamic and enriching community. This position supports the Coordinator in developing and maintaining community partnerships and initiatives and may act as a liaison, facilitator and resource to community groups, non-profits, and others, in planning their events, festivals, community engagement and community building initiatives.
- Secondary Education/Diploma in a related field of study such as: Community Development, Events Management, Community/Culture Programming. Equivalencies may be considered
- Demonstrated abilities/experience working with volunteers and /or community stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing & implementing community events, festivals, initiatives, culture related programs and/or services. Experience in grant/funding programs.
- Demonstrated volunteer management skills. Excellent team player .
- Excellent time management, project management and problem solving skills. Well-developed communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy along with a high level of initiative.
- Competent with Computers and working knowledge of Micro soft Office software
- Previous Municipal or local Government Experience will be viewed as an asset.
- Minimum of Class 5 drivers license. Current first aid and CPR qualification.
Salary Range of $58,022—$69,281 (7 Step Grid) based on 35 hour work week. We offer workplace development and great opportunities for employees to become involved in the community.
Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m. March 02, 2018
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Submit resumes quoting "Events & Culture Programmer" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications received for current/past competitions may be used to fill other current or future vacancies.