Firefighting is a very rewarding, challenging, exciting and fulfilling career. The recruitment process is competitive, multi-stepped and extensive. It is the applicants' responsibility to address all the requirements, meet deadlines, and be available to attend scheduled assessment dates. Candidates who move successfully through all stages of the recruitment process are placed on an eligibility list for consideration to be hired as a Firefighter.
Details and dates will be updated and may be subject to change:
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess a valid, class 5 Alberta Driver's license (class 3 or higher and air brake endorsement is considered an asset)
- Driver's abstract with 7 or less demerits
- Hiring is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check, satisfactory to the Town of Morinville
- Good physical fitness is required - Evaluated at Fitness test stages
- Must reside within Morinville Town limits
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely under stressful conditions
- Motivated with well-developed interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to effectively operate under the realities of emergency situations
- Strong work ethic
Physical Fitness Test: Physicals will be scheduled between March 5-9, 2018 | Click here for more information.
Interview Stage: If candidates makes it through the Physical stage, interviews will be scheduled between Mar. 12-16 , 2018. Interviews will be conducted by representatives from Morinville Fire Services.
Additional Steps and Assessments
Morinville Fire Services determines the number of applicants based on staffing requirements.
The following steps will then be implemented:
• Reference Checks
• Fitting of Station Wear, Uniform & PPE
• Recruit Class training sessions
• 6 Month Probation
-3 month progress evaluation
-6 month General vote