The Town of Morinville is currently seeking Summer Camp Counselors to assist with implementation and instructing of various Community Services programs and special events offered throughout the community. Our programs will include a variety of activities including recreation, arts/culture, sports and skill development.
- Assist with the implementation of summer community programs and services including arts, culture, sports development, etc.) for children, aged 6-12 years old.
- Assist with the implementation of field trips that are age appropriate to the programs.
- Provide supervision to children/youth volunteers attending the summer community programs.
- Assist with staff training, mentoring, supervision and evaluation.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe, clean environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standard.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide weekly reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Other related duties as required.
- Attending high school or post-secondary education in recreation, education or relate field.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
- Knowledge in knowledge in arts, culture, sport development & other programming areas is an asset.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Valid Driver's License with access to a vehicle is an asset.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector is a condition of employment.
$18.00 per hour. Regular hours of work will be based on a 35 hour work week. The term of these temporary positions will be approximately June 25, 2018 through August 24, 2018.
Please submit resumes quoting “Summer Camp Counselor” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
Application Deadline: 12 p.m., February 20, 2018
Please submit resume by the above noted deadline. Applications recieved for current/past competitions may be used to fill other current or future vacancies.