The Town of Morinville is recruiting for the following temporary employment opportunities in the Parks & Arena division of the Public Works department.
Seasonal Worker - Operator 1 (2 Positions)
Primary responsibilities will be to assist the Public Works Staff in the day to day operation and maintenance of the Town's parks, sports fields, green spaces and indoor arena facility.
- A minium of grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Standard First Aid and WHMIS certification;
- A valid Class 3 Alberta Operator's license with air brakes endorsement (Q) or a valid Class 5 Alberta Operator's license with requirement to obtain a Class 3;
- Experience in operating various power and hand tools, and various heavy equipment;
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing). Work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements;
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing is essential.
- This position will be dealing with chemicals. Experience with chemical application or a valid pesticide license would be an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check
These positions are included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE 2426) with a wage rate of:
- Seasonal Worker—Operator 1 $24.52 per hour (currently under review).
These positions will work up to 40 hours/week for the term of April 16, 2018 through October 21, 2018 and may include days/nights/weekends and holidays.
Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m., February 21, 2018
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Submit resumes quoting "Seasonal Worker-Operator 1/Parks & Arena" to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications received for current/past competitions may be used to fill other current or future vacancies.